Producteev.com is a free and premium task team management web, desktop and mobile application. You, as a tasker, are able to create “boards” called Workspaces for highly specific types of task management or projects. Each workspace can define the type of teams you management or type of content or even type of tasks. I created a workspace for personal tasks, consulting tasks, business tasks and blogging tasks.
- Labels and Filters: Put a label on a new or existing task to filter easily through massive amounts of tasks. Also useful for organizing projects
- Rank tasks with levels of priority
- Deadlines and Reminders: Tasks may need to have a deadline. Slap this one it and get a reminder through text message and/or email
- Notes: One of the most exciting features of Producteev is the ability to add notes or comments to a task. This is different from adding subtasks (which you also can). Comments for a note is valuable if brainstorming or assigning a task. Sometimes I make little notes with a task just for myself.
- File Uploads: The best feature of Produceetv, uploading files. These files may not be stored in a cloud though. If they are, it may require premium membership.
- Service Integration such as Google Apps, Mailing tasks, and Instant Messaging task management.
You can also invite users to your workspaces for team management. You can assign tasks or receive tasks to. By looking at the “Team Overview” tab in a workspace, you can view the entire list of tasks the team is working on.
Before using Producteev, I used Gmail tasks to manage personal tasks. I am glad I upgraded. Producteev is easy to manage, update and configure tasks. I was using the web app before testing Astrid’s mobile app that also syncs to Producteev. With it, I was able to view, manage and update my tasks, labeling, filtering, notes and all. I never forgot a task as long as I remember to log into Producteev.com.
Since then, I’ve moved to using the Producteev Windows Desktop app. It’s definitely like a mini version of the web app. You can do all the task management you want and even create or drop workspaces. It alerts you when tasks are due.
With the amount of productivity gradually going up using this task management system (I still have to overcome procrastination), I would recommend to anyone with small to medium projects and a team or 5-8. For larger projects and larger teams, you may need a more efficient project management team to monitor specific progress of the project. Also, for brainstorming effectiveness, you will want a visual monitor and management. Currently, I am trying out pearltrees.com and conceptboard.com. Come back next week for a review of these two websites.
My Application Rating: 9/10
You can find download the Producteev apps on the iPhone, Mac Desktop, Windows Desktop, Android, and Mobile Web App. Producteev charges by the workspace, however, its free with up to 2 users per workspace. Payment of $20 per month for an unlimited amount of users per workspace, storage and support. For social support and updates: Producteev via Twitter and Facebook.
- Jive Acquires Task Management Platform Producteev (undertheradarblog.com)